General Terms & Conditions of Service(s) – Maxis Consumer
Version [10 April 2023]
*All terms in BOLD are defined at the Definitions section located at the end of this document.
- The Service(s) are made available to you by Maxis, subject to the following:-
- this General Terms & Conditions (“GTC“) which applies to all Service(s);
- the Summary Terms & Conditions for the GTC (“STC“);
- the Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTCs“) which are the specific terms and conditions for a particular Service(s) subscribed by you;
- Maxis Fair Usage Policy;
- policies and procedures applicable to the particular Service(s); and
- all other documents expressly referred to in any of the documents stated above;
(collectively referred to as “Agreement”) which shall be read together.
- You shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Agreement, as amended from time to time, and such other terms and conditions as we may impose from time to time upon Activation of the Service(s) to you and shall continue to be in force and effect until this Agreement is terminated or expires in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- This GTC supersedes and substitutes all previous general terms and conditions for the Service(s) you have with Maxis unless otherwise specified.
- Any conflict and/or inconsistency between the SSTC, GTC and STC forming part of the Agreement shall be construed in the following order of precedence (in descending order):
- GTC; and
- The Service(s) are made available to you by Maxis, subject to the following:-
MAXIS PRIVACY STATEMENT – IMPORTANT NOTICE
Your privacy is important to Maxis. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it forms part of the terms and conditions of use of any Maxis or Hotlink Products or Services which you acquire from any company in the Maxis Group.
This Privacy Statement explains:
1. the type of personal information about you which is processed by Maxis when you acquire and/or use any Products or Services from Maxis;
2. where or how Maxis obtains this personal information (where available);
3. the purposes for which Maxis collects and uses your personal information;
4. the classes of third parties to whom Maxis may disclose your personal information; and
5. whether it is voluntary or obligatory to supply your personal information and the consequences of failing to supply your personal information when it is obligatory.
Registering for and continuing to use the Products and Services, indicates your consent to your personal information being:
1. processed by Maxis for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement; and
2. disclosed by Maxis to those classes of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement
Maxis may make modifications to this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify the Privacy Statement we will post notice of the change on the Maxis Sites and if the modification adversely affects your rights in any material way, we will also send a copy of the revised Privacy Statement directly to you, by email, SMS or direct mail, in accordance with your current contact preference. By continuing to use the Products and Service after being notified of any changes to this Privacy Statement you will be treated as having agreed to and accepted those changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, you may terminate your relevant Product or Service agreement with Maxis.
In this Privacy Statement:
“Maxis“, “Our“, “Us” and “We“, refers to the Maxis Group and any company making up the Maxis Group.
“Maxis Group” means Maxis Berhad and any holding, related, or subsidiary companies (as defined in the Companies Act 1965) of Maxis Berhad.
“Maxis Sites” means the Maxis and Hotlink websites and WAP Portal and any other sites or portals owned or operated by Maxis.
“personal information” means any information in the possession or control of Maxis that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or the other individual) is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of Maxis.
“processing“, includes just about anything that Maxis may do with personal information including collecting, recording, holding, storing, using or disclosing it.
“Products and Services” means any products or services offered by Maxis (including those offered under the “Hotlink” brand name).
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAXIS COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
1.1 During the Registration Process
Each time you register with Maxis for a Product or Service, you will be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself. The type of details collected during the registration process include (but are not limited to) your name, date of birth, gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current and previous private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address and particulars of identity documents (including NRIC or passport number). In some instances Maxis may also collect from you, your credit card number or bank account details.
Whenever the personal information requested by Maxis is marked as mandatory, you must provide and agree to the processing of this personal information by us. If you do not agree to provide this personal information nor agree to us processing it in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement, then Maxis will be unable to provide the relevant Product or Service to you and your application for that Product or Service will be rejected.
1.2 From your use of the Services and Products which you have acquired from Maxis
Mandatory Personal information:
In addition to your personal information collected during the registration process, Maxis also processes personal information about:
1. the Products and Services you have acquired from us or subscribed to (including their status);
2. you use these Products and Services (including but not limited to phone numbers and email addresses of calls, SMS, MMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications, the type (but not content) of any files sent by you pursuant to such communications, your internet searching and browsing history (including any Maxis Sites you visit), access to content, uploads and downloads (including the amount of data consumed), your IP address and your PC location (if you have a broadband service);
3. the quality of the Service you have received from us (in terms of network reception and data quality);
4. your mobile phone location (although Maxis can determine your location based on the location of your mobile phone when it is switched on, we only use this information to determine the closest Maxis network connection point to your mobile phone to enable you to connect to our network to make calls or access the mobile internet);
5. your billing and payment status and records;
6. your personal interests and preferences (by looking at the types of Products and Services you acquire and how you use them);
7. the equipment which you use when accessing our Products and Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform); and
8. your image, by way of video surveillance logs installed in some of our centers as part of our security infrastructure.
This personal information is collected automatically and you are not given the chance to refuse to provide or prohibit us from processing, this type of personal information. If you wish to stop Maxis from processing this type of personal information about you, we will no longer be able to provide the relevant Product or Service to you.
Voluntary personal information:
If you choose to subscribe to certain Products or Services, we will also process your personal information in order to provide those Products or Services if such processing is inherent to the Products or Service you are acquiring. For example:
1. if you choose to subscribe to a location based Service such as Friend Finder or Finder 301, we will disclose the location of your mobile phone but only for the purpose of providing that Service to you;
2. If you choose to subscribe to a service where Maxis backs up / stores your emails, SMS or MMS messages, then Maxis will have access to those communications including their contents (which would form part of your personal information) for the purpose of providing that back up service. We will only process such contents for the purpose of providing the back up / storage service to you and shall not use them for any other reason and shall adequately safeguard the content to keep it private.
Subscribing for such Services is voluntary and you can unsubscribe from them at any time if you decide you no longer wish to share this type of personal information or have Maxis otherwise process it. If you do not wish for Maxis to process such information, you should not subscribe for such services.
1.3 When you visit any Maxis Site
When you visit any Maxis Sites our web servers automatically collect information about your visit to these sites, including your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit. Your IP address is a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
1.4 Through your communications with Maxis or through Postings you make on a Maxis Site
Maxis also collects your personal information through direct communications Maxis has with you (including by MMS, SMS, emails and phone conversations) and when you respond to requests from Maxis (such as contests, questionnaires or surveys). This might include any personal information about yourself which you provide to us, including information about your personal interests and preferences. If you post your views or opinions in any bulletin boards on a Maxis Site, Maxis may also collect and use this personal information.
This personal information will only be collected with your knowledge and consent as it is your choice whether or not you respond to or initiate such communications with Maxis or whether you post something on a bulletin board on a Maxis Site. We may monitor and record our communications with you (although we will always inform you if your call with us is being recorded). It is voluntary to provide this additional information or to have your call recorded. However, if you do not agree to this information being collected and used by Maxis then you should not provide or post it, which in turn means that you may not be able to participate in or receive the full benefit of such communications, contests, questionnaires or surveys.
1.5 From Other Sources
Maxis also collects your personal information from other sources such as:
1. credit reference agencies
2. fraud prevention agencies
3. publicly available sources of information
2. PURPOSES OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes for which Maxis processes your personal information are as follows:
1. to verify your identity;
2. to assess and/or verify credit worthiness;
3. to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
4. to manage Maxis’ networks;
5. to process your order for Products and Services which you have requested;
6. to provide the Products and Services which you have requested;
7. to administer and manage the Products and Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts);
8. to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, Products and Services or customer relations teams;
9. to contact you should we need to regarding the Products and Services you have acquired;
10. to manage staff training and quality assurance;
11. to help Maxis monitor and improve the performance of our network, our Products and Services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the Maxis Sites and to make these more efficient.
12. to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
13. to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Maxis to enhance and personalize the Products and Services that we offer you;
14. to conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the Products and Services (including by aggregating information about you and your spending and use of Products and Services with other users of our Products and Services) to identify trends and develop new Products and Services which reflect the interests of customers such as yourself;
15. to assist us in understanding the browsing preferences of users such as yourself on the Maxis Sites so that we can tailor content according to individual preferences.
You are not able to limit the processing of your personal information for the above purposes. If you do not consent to Maxis processing your personal information for the above purposes, then you must terminate your relevant agreement for Products and Services
In addition, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to promote and market to you (including without limitation by way of direct mail, bill inserts, telemarketing, email, MMS and SMS):
a. other Maxis Products and Services and special offers; and
b. products, services and special offers of third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you (please note that we will never give your personal information to these third parties for the purpose of them promoting and marketing their products and services to you directly); and
2. to send you seasonal greetings messages or public service announcements either on our own behalf or on behalf of other people or entities in whom we think you may be interested.
3. TO WHOM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Sometimes Maxis needs to disclose your personal information to third parties outside Maxis. This is in order for us to effectively manage our business including to deliver the Products and Services to you and to achieve the purposes described above. The following are the classes of third parties to whom Maxis may disclose your personal information:
1. to third parties contracted by Maxis to assist us in delivering all or part of our Products and Services to you, including without limitation companies contracted to provide to Maxis:
a. customer enquiry and other customer related services (including telemarketing);
b. data processing services
c. installation services
d. maintenance and repair services
e. information technology services
f. media and marketing services (including advertising)
g. market research and website usage analysis services
h. content and product (only when you have requested their content/product)
i. billing and debt recovery functions
Whenever we provide any personal information to these classes of third parties we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the service they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
2. to Maxis’ shareholders and between the companies which make up the Maxis Group and to affiliated companies for the purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers to avoid duplication and to streamline services and offers being provided to you by any company in the Maxis Group;
3. to strategic partners that work with Maxis to provide Maxis Products and Services or that help market Maxis’ Products and Services (such as our network of dealers);
4. to other telecommunication and information service providers when you have made calls over or otherwise used their networks, for billing and service resolution purposes;
5. to Maxis’ agents or contractors (including debt collection agencies) for the purposes of recovering any amount due to Maxis from you;
6. to payment channels including without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit and facilitating payments of any amount due to Maxis in connection with the Products or Services you have acquired;
7. to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
8. to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
9. to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
10. to Maxis’ professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to us;
11. to any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of Maxis (including accounts and trade receivables) for the purpose of that third party continuing to provide all or that part of the business of Maxis’ which it acquired (including any relevant Services or Products);
12. otherwise as permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2010; and
13. to parties nominated or appointed by Maxis either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest.
4. YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Your Obligations
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting Maxis. It is a condition of us providing the Products and Services to you that you promise to do this.
In some instances you may need to provide to Maxis personal information about someone other than yourself (for example about your spouse or children if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service that they will use). If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to us, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Privacy Statement (on our website at www.maxis.com.my).
5. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
It may be necessary for Maxis to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of Maxis’ service providers or strategic partners (‘overseas entities’) involved in providing part of a Maxis Product or Service are located in countries outside Malaysia or if you use the Product or Service from a country other than Malaysia (for example, international roaming). You hereby consent to Maxis transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. Maxis will take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Product or Service they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information
6. LINKED SITES AND THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Notice sets out how Maxis Berhad and its subsidiary corporations, including Maxis Mobile Sdn Bhd, Maxis Mobile Services Sdn Bhd, Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd, Maxis Collections Sdn Bhd and Maxis International Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as “Maxis Group”, “us” or “we”) process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we process the personal data we may collect from you. By providing your personal data to us, you are agreeing to the provisions of this Privacy Notice and the processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Commitment To You
We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal data. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your personal data to us including when using any of our Maxis Group websites, products and/or services, we provide you with this Privacy Notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your personal data is being or will be processed by us.
Defining Personal Data
Personal data is defined in the PDPA and refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to you, from which you may be identified, and includes sensitive personal data and expressions of opinion about you. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable if you are a natural person who is a customer of Maxis, including a natural person trading as a sole trader or natural persons constituting a partnership or, if no longer a customer of Maxis, where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on Maxis’ part. This Privacy Notice also applies even if you are not one of our customers but you interact with us as part of our business including partaking in the Maxis referral programme via https://www.maxis.com.my/mobile-plans/refer-friend/, using one of our products and/or services, whether for free or paid for by you or a third party, taking part in a survey or trial, entering a prize promotion, calling our helpdesk, or generally enquiring about our products and/or services
What Kind Of Personal Data We Collect
In order for us to provide you with our products and/or services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we need to collect personal data from you. The personal data collected by us may include the following:-
- your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address, questions and/or data to facilitate security measures we have for your account
- your credit and/or debit card information, bank account details and your payment history
- your mobile device location (to determine the closest Maxis network connection point to enable connection to our network to make calls and/or access our mobile internet services)
- the status of the products and/or services you have acquired from us or subscribed to
- how you use the products and/or services (for example traffic data such as numbers and addresses of calls, SMS, MMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications)
- the amount of data that has been received and/or sent by you
- the equipment (such as your mobile and/or fixed devices, your computer system) and/or software you use when accessing our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services
- your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor offerings of our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services which would suit you best
- clickstream data when you visit any apps, social media platforms or websites
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras when you visit our branches
- recording of calls placed by you to our help desk for our service enhancement and improvement
When And How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect your personal data when you:-
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- register or subscribe for a specific product and/or service and/or our publications (for example, newsletters)
- use our network and products and/or services of Maxis Group
- participate in any of our surveys
- enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us
- register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or subscribe to our products and/or services
- respond to any marketing materials we send out
- visit any of our offices, retail or service centres and other Maxis’ premises
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
- (if no longer a customer of Maxis) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on Maxis’ part
Other than personal data obtained from you (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (for example, credit reference/reporting agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
If you are under the age of 18, you are required to ensure that your parents or legal guardian consent on your behalf to the processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
We may process personal data from you or from the categories of third parties identified in this Privacy Notice, for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to verify your identity
- to enable you to be provided with products and/or services as well as facilities and/or benefits offered by us and/or our related corporations
- to facilitate, assess and/or process your application(s)/request(s) for our and/or our related corporations’ products and/or services
- to provide you with the products and/or services you have requested
- to administer and manage the products and/or services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts)
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, products and/or services with our customer relations teams
- to assess and/or verify creditworthiness
- to detect and/or prevent fraudulent activity
- to manage our networks
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of products and/or services to beoffered and provided to youto establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- (if no longer a customer of Maxis) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on Maxis’ part
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedback)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, products and/or services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the Maxis Group Websites and to make these more efficient
- to maintain and/or develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to manage staff training and quality assurance
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and/or services
- to determine how can we improve services to you
- to use your personal data for direct marketing and/or to better identify products and/or services from us and/or our related corporations, preferred merchants and strategic partners that may interest you
- to produce data, reports and statistics
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving the Maxis Group
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:-
- law enforcement agencies, for the purpose of preventing and/or detecting crime,or for the purpose of investigations and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders and/or protection of national security and/or any purpose that is required or authorized by or under any law or by any order or judgment of a court;
- government bodies and agencies, to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- other companies, organisations, and/or service providers, to process personal data on our behalf;
- other companies, organisations, and/or service providers to: (i) carry out services on our behalf which is ancillary and/or required for purposes of providing our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services to you; or (ii) help us provide services to you such as to provide customer-service, marketing, infrastructure and information-technology services, personalize our service and make it work better; or (iii) process payment transactions; or (iv) carry out fraud and credit checks, and collect debts and protect our rights and defend us and our property; or (v) analyse and improve the information we hold (including about your interactions with services provided by us and/or our related corporations, preferred merchants and strategic partners); or (vi) run surveys; or (vii) carry out any of the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We may process your personal data to provide you with, or enable our related corporations to provide you with, information, promotions and updates including advertising and marketing materials (“marketing material”) about our and/or our related corporations’ products and/or services as well as products and/or services of our and/or our related corporations’ preferred merchants and strategic partners. Subject to your specific consent, we may also facilitate for our and/or our related corporations’ preferred merchants and strategic partners to provide you with marketing material about their products and/or services, which may be of interest to or benefit you. The aforementioned information, promotions and updates, including advertising and marketing materials may be sent to you via any one or more of the following examples: phone calls, text messages, online banners, emails or via other internet, social or application based messaging system or any other means of communication. If you do not wish for your personal data to be utilised for the purposes of direct marketing or should you change your mind at any time in relation to your previous decision, kindly contact our Customer Representative here or call 123. Your latest written and/or verbal instructions to us will prevail.
What If You Do Not Provide Us With Your Personal Data?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services. Should you decline to provide such personal data, we may not be able to process your application, or provide you and/or continue to provide you with our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Data
We can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or, where relevant, not up-to-date, and you wish to correct such personal data, you may make a request to us by contacting our Customer Representative here or 1-800-82-1123 or +603-74922123, or call 123 (if you are an existing customer). In relation to either a data access request or a data correction request, you should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of or, as the case may be, you want to have corrected, in any such request. Please note that we may decline to comply with your data access request in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests from you for access to the same information which burden or expense of providing access is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy. We may also decline to comply with your data correction request in certain situations, for example when you have not supplied us with such information as we may reasonably require to ascertain in what way the personal data to which the data correction request relates is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your data access and/or data correction requests. We shall be entitled to charge a fee (where permitted under the applicable law) for any data access request.
Exercising Choices Over Your Personal Data
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice to limit the use or the extent of use of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact our Customer Representative here or 1-800-82-1123 or +603-74922123, or call 123 (if you are an existing customer).
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal data you provide us and for updating this personal data as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting our Customer Representative here or call 123. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our and/or our related corporations’, preferred merchants’ and strategic partners’ products and/or services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the products and/or services. In the event you may need to provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a product and/or service that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal data to us and for us to process accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Notice at our website at https://www.maxis.com.my/privacy-statement/ and/or at any Maxis Service Centre.
Online Dealings With Maxis Group Cookies
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer or device which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or device used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer or device either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website. Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to Maxis Group websites and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your personal data, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies. If you use or subscribe to any product and/or service from any third party and you subsequently provide your personal data directly to that third party, your personal data will be subject to that third party’s privacy statement/notice/policy.
Transfer Of Your Personal Data To Places Outside Malaysia
We may transfer your personal data to places outside Malaysia including if the transfer is to our facilities that are located outside Malaysia or if any of our service providers or strategic partners who are involved in providing part of a Maxis Group product and/or service or outsourced data storage or data processing services for and on behalf of us is located outside Malaysia or has servers and/or related equipment outside Malaysia or if you use the products and/or services from a country other than Malaysia (for example, international roaming). You consent to us transferring your personal data to places outside Malaysia in these instances. We may also transfer your personal data to places outside Malaysia where permitted by law.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including, leaflets or hard copy versions. You are encouraged to check our website and re-visit this Privacy Notice periodically for our most up-to-date Privacy Notice (as reflected by the date of the update set out at the top of this Privacy Notice).
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries (including to limit the processing of personal data), concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact our Customer Representative via https://www.maxis.com.my/en/contact-us/ or 1-800-82-1123 or +603-74922123, or call 123 (if you are an existing customer).